Sunday, October 25, 2009

Almost Weaned

Avrum and I are working hard at weaning! We are down to one time a day and this week is the last week we are going to nurse. Next week he is going to be all done with the "mama ghala." So far the absolute hardest to cut out were the nighttime nursing. However, for the last month Avrum now sleeps through the night. I think that the last one is going to be the hardest. Nursing before bedtime. We had to do it one session at a time so it has taken months...! He is such a big boy now!


Now that I am starting to look Prego, I am taking stalk of the items we have, do not or need to be replaced.

We have tons of unisex clothes and blankets.

I am looking for a better breast pump as I am going to have two to worry about and not enough time for the slow one I have now.

One thing that I wish we spent good money on with Avrum was an exceptional rocker. We have a good one that we got as a hand-me-down that I love and had Alex finally bring upstairs about a year ago (he was hogging it to watch TV downstairs.) I would love to move it back down stairs and then get a reclining one for the bedroom. The one we have now tilts back but does not recline. I have found that a devoted nurser defiantly needs reclining.

The furniture we have for Avrum is too bulky for two kids in that room. So, probably this time next year when Belly-Bean is moving in we are going to have to get rid of the crib we have now for one that goes short ways up against the wall and a toddler bed that does the same.