Monday, May 10, 2010

Archer Lynn Atwater Xagorarakis

Welcome to the world where you are so loved and cherished!


Baby Archer Lynn Atwater Xagorarakis

Monday, May 10, 2010
6:46 AM
7 pounds 19 inches


Archer's Birth Story

I am pretty sure that I walked and yoga'd BB out :-) On the 8th Avee and I went for a 3 mile walk in the morning and then a mile walk with Dada in the evening. Then on Mother's Day the 9th all the boys and I went for a two mile walk stopping at the park for AV to play half way. Approx 6:30 pm, on the drive over to Golden Dragon for dinner with the family I felt my back starting to have aches and spasms so I told Alex that BB would be coming the 10th or 11th. By 9:30 I was having contractions every 20 minutes. But I didn't tell anyone because I had false labor for like a week. Although, I did tell Mom (Grandma) that she should definitely pack her overnight bag when she got home that night. From 10 - 11:30 I laid in bed with Alex watching TV & knitting, secretly timing my contractions off his laptop while he worked. By 11:30 the contractions were about 12-10 minutes apart so I finally told him I was in labor and that he should really lay down and get some rest. By 12:30am the contractions were 4 minutes apart. At 2am our amazing doula came over, she sat with me and talked me through every contraction while I labored in the tub. By 4am I felt the first urge to push and we waited a few contractions and then decided to get going to Hoag.

 Lindsey and Mama - 8cm and waiting for the next contraction

 Yes my tush was pretty much hanging out for all to see!
I eventually took the stupid gown off and just labored and delivered naked :-)

We arrived and were rushed into a room (which was the room right next door from Arvums birth room.) I was eight centimeters and my water was still intact. Our OB went into a C-Section which I knew was going to be a big mistake for me. By 6:15am I was pushing BB down, they called in the OB. My water was still intact so I finally agreed for them to release it to move the birth along. As the hook was coming at me my water released! It was the funniest thing ever! 6:30am the nurse is holding BB's head in and everyone is telling me not to push and to just breath through the contraction because we are waiting for the DR! Finally Dr. arrived I pushed a few times and BB's head was out but everyone was calmly telling me to push right away and then the DR was cutting the cord. Alex's face was sheet white and scared. I pushed two more times and BB was born! IT'S A BOY!

Our little Smurf

Pinking up

A few minutes of cuddle time with Mama


There was a little panic in the room his face was blue-ish but he was breathing, the cord was tightly wrapped around his neck.Which happens in like 30% of births. They laid him on me, wiped him down and started clearing his lungs. They took him to the side and continued to work on opening his passages and getting his color back. They let me hold him once more and then Dada and Baby Archer went to the Nursery for an hour to be check out by the NICU doctor. I cried but was comforted that Lindsey was with me and Alex was with Archer. Alex later told me that Archer had a tube down his throat and also had an oxygen mask on... So scary! But after an hour Alex kept bugging the nurses to let Archer get back to Mama cause he was hungry and sucking on his finger. The NICU doctor said that it was totally safe to take him back :-) All back together we were enjoying skin to skin and learning to nurse!

Bye-Bye with Dada

Look at all the crap they hooked him up to!

Going back to nurse with Mama!

That is better :-)

Brought another life into the world with the Love of my Life!

Alex was amazing! Strong and loving through the whole birth! Thank you Honey! I love you! Lindsey must have 8 arms. I have no idea how she talked me though every single moment, held my legs, held the bowl, took pictures, cool compresses on my next and face, and so much more! Love her and would not have a birth without her!

Getting ready to move to recovery

We love our little Belly-Bean, BB, Archer, Archie, Ari, Alax