Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I used to have hips....

Well I have gained about 5 pounds and I no longer can see my hip bones or my waist for that matter. I loved the idea of making a baby, but did not give much thought to what that meant for my body. Dr. Grouse cleared me to start Georgeanne's prenatal yoga class. I am excited and am going to start attending next week. I really want to stay strong, relaxed and prepared. If all goes well we are planning on a natural birth.
On another note, we are going in for another ultrasound on the 25th to check on the position of the placenta. I have not had any problems so I am confident that it is moving up the uterine wall. Yea! We will get the final results at our 4 month appointment the following day. We are also doing the CVS testing. As far as I understood it is a blood test but we will see. If they start flashing big needles at me I might have to run.
Work is going well. I am just working way too much. So I think I am going to have to cut back a little. I have to take care of myself first.
From what I have read, women begin to feel the baby as early as 16 weeks but most first time mothers don't know that they are feeling the baby until closer to 20 weeks. I have had a few flutters this week. Maybe the baby. I have never felt that before. Cool huh?!