So, I have come to a difficult decision... I need to encourage Avrum to forgo nursing especially at night. He still is not sleeping through the night and I really need more than 4 hours of straight sleep at a time.
Our normal bedtime routine was: bath, play busy box with Dada, read endless books, nurse and nite nite. For the last two night we have switched the bedtime routine: bath, play busy box with Dada, nurse, brush teeth, read endless books and then nite nite. Yesterday he cried for 10 minutes and then talked himself to sleep. Tonight he only cried for two minutes and then fell asleep.
Tonight instead of nursing him back to sleep I am going to give him a bottle of water so his body gets used to not getting the calories at night and then eventually he will (hopefully - fingers crossed) sleep through the night. I tried this a few months back and it worked until he began teething again. I gave in and started nursing him back to sleep. I have to be strong this time.
I am hoping to narrow the nursing down to in the morning after waking up and before going to sleep but not nursing to sleep. (We have been working on not nursing to sleep for the last two months - he is really good about that most of the time, except when he wakes up in the middle of the night.)
Avrum loves nursing time and when I try to take a session away he really takes it hard. He is just not the kind of baby that I can just cut it out cold turkey. He would be devastated.
You may be asking why do I need my sleep? Well it is certainly not for beauty... I could give a rats ___ about that these days (poor Alex) It is more because I am having a hard time studying or maintaining any of my skills or even hobbies. I am so tired! (GOOD NEWS) Alex and I are beginning to prepare for the adventure of trying for another baby in January. I started taking Mothers Market & Kitchen Prenatal Multi this week. (It is recommend to begin taking prenatals as early as six months prior to conception.) So I really want to take at least three exams for the ARE (PPP, SP & CD), before getting pregnant. We will see if that happens. AHH! hahaha
Our normal bedtime routine was: bath, play busy box with Dada, read endless books, nurse and nite nite. For the last two night we have switched the bedtime routine: bath, play busy box with Dada, nurse, brush teeth, read endless books and then nite nite. Yesterday he cried for 10 minutes and then talked himself to sleep. Tonight he only cried for two minutes and then fell asleep.
Tonight instead of nursing him back to sleep I am going to give him a bottle of water so his body gets used to not getting the calories at night and then eventually he will (hopefully - fingers crossed) sleep through the night. I tried this a few months back and it worked until he began teething again. I gave in and started nursing him back to sleep. I have to be strong this time.
I am hoping to narrow the nursing down to in the morning after waking up and before going to sleep but not nursing to sleep. (We have been working on not nursing to sleep for the last two months - he is really good about that most of the time, except when he wakes up in the middle of the night.)
Avrum loves nursing time and when I try to take a session away he really takes it hard. He is just not the kind of baby that I can just cut it out cold turkey. He would be devastated.
You may be asking why do I need my sleep? Well it is certainly not for beauty... I could give a rats ___ about that these days (poor Alex) It is more because I am having a hard time studying or maintaining any of my skills or even hobbies. I am so tired! (GOOD NEWS) Alex and I are beginning to prepare for the adventure of trying for another baby in January. I started taking Mothers Market & Kitchen Prenatal Multi this week. (It is recommend to begin taking prenatals as early as six months prior to conception.) So I really want to take at least three exams for the ARE (PPP, SP & CD), before getting pregnant. We will see if that happens. AHH! hahaha
